Monday, March 7, 2011

A Black Man

They come in all colors and shades,
they have Afro's, cornrows and low-cut fades.
Dreads, waves like back in the day,
A Mandingo warrior some might say.

He might be five feet or six nine,
A muscular body, and he is fine.
A walk and a look some don't understand
that’s the uniqueness of a black man.

Caramel brown, or dark chocolate dipped, with sexy eyes,
Some with bald heads, and sexy thick thighs.
Some are laid back, and going with the flow,
some have found their way, and some still don't know.

A black man that will keep food on the table,
doing what he must, when not physically able.
Standing by your side, holding your hand,
I love you my brother, the black man.

Remaining faithful, and suppressing your urges,
knowing how to pray when your fear emerges.
You put your faith in God and feel renewed,
Oh!!! Black man I truly adore you.

My black brother you are a shining star,
you have a mighty presence whenever you are.
You walk to the beat of the African drum;
Sister's know where I am coming from.

Know that I am your sister...your Queen;
you are a masterpiece, that invades my dreams.
You mesmerize me and I'm coming undone,
your eyes burning into me, makes me warm like the sun.

Black man, you like roots you keep growing,
I love you my brother, and keep knowing.
Like a tree planted by the water you shall not be moved,
Black man you are beautiful, and have your own groove.

Know that I am proud to walk down the street and hold your hand,
from your rib I came, and understand.
We are like Ozzie Davis and Ruby Dee,
That's the picture I would love to see.
I will give you my very essence, as much as I can,
Know that you are
loved my brother "A Black Man".

No comments:

Post a Comment